Enterprises and Institutions
Numerous public utility activities from the sphere of the local self-government require existence of a large number of specialized enterprises and institutions.
The City of Belgrade is the founder of:
- 13 public utility companies
- 9 public enterprises and 1 organization
- 30 institutions of culture (theaters, halls of culture, museums, libraries, organizations)
- 17 child care institutions (preschool institutions)
- 3 institutions of social welfare
- 3 sports institutions (sports centers)
- 23 health care institutions (municipal clinics, pharmacies, institutes, medical centres)
Autonomous public utility companies operate in the suburban municipalities.
The City of Belgrade has also entrusted certain operations to the enterprises and institutions it is not the founder of.