Obrenovac, Vuka Karadžića 74, 8726-400
Chairman of the Municipality:, 8726-402

The Municipality of Obrenovac covers an area of 40,995 hectares, which is inhabited by a population of 75,949.

Up to the 19th century, it bore the Turkish name of Palež. In the course of the Second Serbian Uprising, it was completely burned to the ground and, in 1859, Prince Miloš Obrenović, after whom it was named, restored it. The Municipality of Obrenovac has been within the community of Belgrade municipalities since 1957.

The Day of the Municipality is December 20, the date of the decree of Prince Miloš Obrenović by which the name of Obrenovac was instituted, and its patron day is the Holy Trinity.